Monday, July 11, 2011

To Kill A Mocking Bird

51 years ago today To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee was published.  This book has become an American classic, and most kids are required to read it at some point in their schooling.  Lee writes about racial inequality and uses a lot of her own life and experiences for the novel.  She won the Pulitzer Prize for Ficttion for the novel in 1961. 

I haven't read this book since 9th grade and I am afraid to admit that I don;t remember a lot of the story, I just remembering that I really liked the book.  After seeing that the anniversary of the publishing date was this coming Monday I thought it would be fun to track down a copy of the book at our library and to make it my book to read this week. 

If you haven't read this wonderful book, or don't remember the story I ask you to join me in revisiting this classic.

To Kill a Mockingbird (slipcased edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...